Everyone knows Kate Middleton, now the Duchess of Cambridge. The gorgeous Queen Rania of Jordan ranks high in the royal elite, and Queen Elizabeth II is a legend. Which modern-day royals rank in your top 10? Let’s hear the nominations as we research the hard-working and history-worthy royals across the world.
Search Results for: jordan
Charlene Wittstock arrived a commoner, but emerged a Princess. Here we see the new bride and her husband, Prince Albert II of Monaco, after their civil ceremony.
The religious ceremony took place at the Palace in Monaco, July 2, 2011.
Some of the guests included:
Sweden’s Crown Princess Victoria and her husband, Prince Daniel
Prince Faisal, the brother of Jordan’s King Abdullah
Sweden’s Prince Carl-Philip and sister Princess Madeleine
TRH The Earl and Countess of Wessex
Their Majesties King Albert II of Belgium and Queen Paola
TRH Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
Fashionista and Grimaldi family friend Karl Lagerfeld
Emanuele Filiberto, Prince of Venice and Piedmont and his wife, Clotilde
TRH Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Crown Princess Maxima represent the House of Orange
TRH Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark
Albert’s sister, Princess Stéphanie, on the arm of her son Louis. Behind them are her daughters Camille (l) and Pauline
- Fashion police. Hmph. Leave Grand Duchess Maria Teresa alone! ROYALBLOG.NL http://ow.ly/5pWUw #
- Andrew Morton strikes again. http://ow.ly/5pR1G #royalty #controversy #
- Meeting royalty old hat for British war bride http://ow.ly/5pQZF #Britain #royalty #
- Royal couple face protests on Canada tour – Telegraph http://ow.ly/5pQUO #PrinceWilliam #
- UPDATED Haute Royale: Maxima's ring… http://ow.ly/5pQ6v #
- I agree. RT @duchessofdc: Madge and her film about Wallis Simpson- she needs to give up movies and stick to music http://t.co/lGbDjcz #royal #
- Prince Charles and… Shrek! | rue royale (Francais) http://ow.ly/5pvXa #royalty #
- Thanks for the #FF @eclecticwriter @HWalesWatch #
- Early photos of Princess-to-be Charlene || ParisMatch.com http://ow.ly/5oFXu #
- King was worried that Britain's honours were becoming too 'common' – Telegraph http://ow.ly/5oFQN #
- Queen's diamond jubilee portrait revealed – Telegraph http://ow.ly/5oFOZ #
- Changes to Luxembourg’s Succession Law « Royalty in the News http://ow.ly/5nTw1 #
- Norwegian Royal Family – Official engagements this week || http://ow.ly/5nBmb #
- Rafal Heydel-Mankoo discusses the upcoming royal Canadian tour – CTV News http://ow.ly/5n7uB #
- Jordan News Agency (Petra) | Queen meets King Harald V and Queen Sonja, attends UNF meetings http://ow.ly/5mEGv #royalty #Jordan #Rania #
- We must capitalise on Olympics and Queen's jubilee, says tourist chief – Telegraph http://ow.ly/5mEDq #royal #TheQueen #
Below, the foreign royals attending the wedding of Prince William:
* HH The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi
* TRH The Duke and Duchess of Brabant
* HM The Sultan of Brunei
* HM The Queen of Denmark
* TM King Constantine II and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece
– TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Greece
* TM The King and Queen of Jordan
* HSH The Sovereign Prince of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock
* TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima of the Netherlands.
* TM The King and Queen of Norway
* HM The Sultan of Oman
* HH Sheikha Mozah of Qatar
* HM The King of Saudi Arabia
* TM King Michael I and Queen Anne of Romania
* TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Yugoslavia
* HM The Queen of Spain
– TRH The Prince and Princess of Asturias
* TRH The Crown Princess of Sweden and The Duke of Västergötland
* HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand
Courtesy of Wikipedia
Happy birthday to Princess Lilian of Sweden (95 on August 30th) and Queen Rania of Jordan (40 today).
- To all, a good night! #
- Has officially met the rudest, most unprofessional woman on planet earth. :P :( #
- Good evening, everyone! Visit me at The Royal Representative and comment to your heart's content on all royal matters. http://ow.ly/2eNcc #
- I like this video by @xocate http://twitvid.com/CNKI9 #
- http://twitvid.com/DWZHT – @mandysroyalty Thank you! :-) He is the best, isn't he? :D #
- Argh! I've flubbed my lines! More RoyaltyNow! outtakes: http://ow.ly/2erxT #
- Pipes from Mandy's British Royalty http://ow.ly/2eooi #
- http://twitvid.com/8NNA0 – @david_alnimri @david_alnimri Wonderful! I love the music you used for the video. #
- Aw, but I thought it was funny!! Queen Fabiola told: leave apple at home http://ow.ly/2dJsa #
- http://twitvid.com/OUXYV – @abed1 Great video! Thanks for showing us Jordan's beauty! :) Best wishes. #
- http://twitvid.com/64XEE – @aramco_boy Thanks for the food recommendations. Middle Eastern food is SO good. Tabouleh is my favorite light s #
- http://twitvid.com/DWZHT – New! My video submission for @queenrania #TwisitJordan #
- Our shameful journey from Diana to the sick cult of Raoul Moat: http://ow.ly/2doHM #
- Check this video out: ? My YouTube Plea ? http://youtu.be/ipkTbevhLzA #
- Weird British Facts http://ow.ly/2dkic #
- Prince William is going bald like his father and his uncle Edward. Isn’t baldness on the mother’s (paternal) side?
Powered by Twitter Tools
My final post before vacation focused on the royal jewels that might be seen at Crown Princess Victoria’s wedding. The royal women certainly did not disappoint; all wedding jewelry sparkled and looked magnificent.
I saw some tiaras that were amazing as well as amazingly out of place. Let’s check it out, but a word to the wise: this post is picture-laden. It may take a moment to load.
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg
The Cuban-born lovely usually wears beautiful jewels that fit her appearance, but in this instance, the tiara was too big. It seemed to weigh too heavily for someone as petite as Maria Teresa.
According to Royal Magazin, the origin of this Empire Diamant tiara is not known. The tiara’s design of laurel leaves dates to around the mid of the 19th century. It had been worn by Grand Duke Henri’s mother, Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte.
Princess Birgitta of Sweden
Crown Princess Victoria’s aunt Birgitta was seen wearing the Nine-Prong Diamond tiara, also known as Queen Sophie’s Diamond Tiara.
Queen Sophie’s tiara was put forward as a possibility for Queen Silvia, the mother of the bride (below).
Instead, Her Majesty opted for the Braganca Diamond Tiara. This tiara once belonged to Empress Amalie of Brazil, whose sister was Queen Josephine of Sweden. After her death, it was inherited by Josephine and became a fixture among the jewels of the Swedish Royal Family. Interestingly, Queen Silvia’s mother Alice was Brazilian.
This easily rivals the Luxembourg Empire Diamant tiara above, but because Silvia’s hair has more body, it seems to compliment the tiara rather than allow it to overshadow her.
Her suite of jewelry was the Pink Topaz set worn by Queen Louise of Sweden (Lord Mountbatten’s sister). It was originally the wedding gift of the Russian Tsar Paul to his daughter, who married a German Grand Duke. Their daughter, Augusta, married the infamous Kaiser. It was Augusta’s granddaughter, Victoria, who would bring the suite into the Bernadotte dynasty when she married Prince Gustav of Sweden.
Princess Madeleine of Sweden
The sister of the bride sported the Connaught Diamond Tiara, a delicate looped headpiece that was simple and elegant.
The Connaught once belonged to Princess Margaret of Connaught. It was a wedding gift from her parents, Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught and Duchess Louise Margarete (formerly of Prussia). Margaret, a granddaughter of Queen Victoria, married the future King Gustav Adolf in 1905.
Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands
Maxima wore a very sparkly yet subtle tiara to the nuptials.
The Diamond Bandeau Tiara has adorned the heads of Dutch queens and princesses for generations. It is made up of twenty-seven large diamonds set on a platinum band.
Princess Mabel of the Netherlands
Mabel’s nutty “trouser gown” detracted from her headpiece, but if you did happen to notice it, you’ll recognize that it is the very same tiara she wore on her wedding day to Queen Beatrix’s son Prince Friso.
Thanks to Mad Hattery, I discovered that Mabel’s tiara is the second setting of the Mellerio Sapphire Tiara. It is topped with 11 large diamonds that look like lollipops.
I don’t know what possessed her to wear the outfit that she did, but the color was nice anyway!
Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
Mette Marit chose to wear Queen Maud’s Pearl tiara to highlight her elegant bone structure and eye-catching platinum locks. This tiara was also worn by Mette Marit’s sister-in-law, Princess Martha-Louise for her wedding to Ari Behn.
While Martha-Louise wore the tiara high on her head, the Crown Princess (above) tilted the prongs back, creating the illusion of a smaller headpiece.
This tiara came down from Queen Maud of Norway, a sister of King George V of Great Britain. She had married Prince Charles of Denmark, who had been presented with the opportunity to become King of Norway. He accepted, and they became Queen Maud and King Haakon.
Princess Martha-Louise wore the Norwegian Amethyst Necklace Tiara. Like many royal tiaras, it is easily converted into a necklace and has matching earrings. The tiara was a gift to her mother Queen Sonja from King Harald.
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
The Danish Crown Princess wore Queen Ingrid’s Ruby Parure Tiara. It is a tiara frequently worn by Mary, and completely apropos for this wedding: inherited by Queen Luise of Sweden, she eventually passed it to her daughter, the future Queen Louise of Denmark, as a wedding present.
Queen Rania of Jordan
Queen Rania wore a converted bracelet as her headpiece. Her gown was elegant but her hair was slightly messy. The small tiara gets lost in Rania’s beehive.
Norwegian Princess Märtha Louise hails from a long line of Norse, Danish, and Swedish royalty. Her family is part of the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, whose members include Prince Philip of Great Britain and Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.
Upon first glance, Märtha Louise is a typical princess – the impressive royal pedigree, jewels, and a face wreathed in smiles as she fulfills her duties to the nation.
But all is not as it seems. Princess Märtha Louise of Norway is anything but typical …
Click here to [Read more…] about A Most Unusual Princess