Search for jordan
There is a new site about King Hussein of Jordan’s third wife, Queen Alia. Well, it’s new to me, anyway. I did a search for her about a year ago, and came up empty handed. Now, thanks to The Royal Forums, we all have more information about this lovely woman.
King Hussein and Queen Alia (Toukan) had two children: Prince Ali and Princess Haya, along with an adopted girl named Abir.
I’ve been working on new art, and if you’d like to buy it, let me know. I also have an Etsy shop for royal pieces called Sovereign Splendor – the art you request and that is most popular among users will be drawn and placed for sale.
What do you think? Leave a comment below! I’d love to know how I’m doing. Visit the Instagram account, Sovereign_Splendor
HRH The Prince of Wales has long been a fan of Middle Eastern culture, and he has been on friendly terms with rulers in the region for decades.
Charles and Camilla Visit The Middle East – For this royal tour, Charles and his wife Camilla stopped to visit King Abdullah and Queen Rania in Jordan for three days; Qatar and Saudi Arabia, and Oman. The purpose of the tour in the region is to promote business and economics, the role of women in society, and inter-faith dialogue.
In Jordan, the Prince and the Duchess of Cornwall sat down to a formal dinner with King Abdullah and Queen Rania.
During the visit, the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall parted ways briefly, as Charles visited the King Hussein Mosque and Camilla took part in a storytelling session for deaf children at a local children’s museum.
Prince Charles stopped in to Rubicon’s head office in Amman. It was here at the award-winning animation studio headquarters where he met Postman Pat, as well as designers and artists.
The royals also met with Syrian refugees in the King Abdullah Refugee Camp on Jordan’s Syrian border. The Prince was especially devastated by the plight of the refugee children, but applauded Jordan’s helping hand.
“I think the great thing that’s come out of this is just how unbelievably generous the Jordanian people are, who are truly remarkable I think,” said Charles.
Part 2 tomorrow!
- Saudi’s first women MPs get Camilla’s royal seal of approval (telegraph.co.uk)
- Royal Trip Report: All Kinds of People, All Over the Place (orderofsplendor.blogspot.com)
- Prince Charles and Camilla visit Syrian refugee camp (telegraph.co.uk)
- Duchess of Cornwall curtsies to Queen Rania of Jordan as she arrives for official visit with Prince Charles (dailymail.co.uk)
- Armed forces in Jubilee parade – Thousands of members of the Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force are taking part in… http://t.co/iqxsv4NZ #
- Diamond Jubilee and 'Kate effect' lead to record support for the monarchy, poll shows http://t.co/EzwZy7Yh #
- Thank you so much! :) RT @QEleanorAquitai @madmonarchs @JoSchenck @LeCoeurdeLion @mandysroyalty @eleanorcastile #
- Mary taking a page out of Marie's book – or my post? LOL! http://t.co/SgQY4loV & http://t.co/3KgWUzWQ #
- I just have to say (looking at this photo, anyway): who was she fooling? Freckled arms and a cheesy wig!? http://t.co/KtIVGVE4 #
- Check out my new list on @klout, featuring @anglotopia and @kikkerlandnyc! http://t.co/cdy2B2m9 #
- Who wore it better? Queen Beatrix: http://t.co/pT3PtgEH or HM QEII in Abu Dhabi: http://t.co/DKdt6Vjp #
- Dom Duarte Pio, Duke of Braganza: In Defense of Regional and Local Products and Traditional Trade – http://t.co/IsAB9HWs #
- Wow, fascinating. Can't wait to read it. RT @louiseghislaine: Wallis Simpson biography demolishes image http://t.co/UiqXuT4k… #
- Interesting pose – Prince Christian of Denmark reveals painting: http://t.co/QL1g98nm #
- Leeds lands vital grant to save its golden hoard: http://t.co/2koKamfd #
- Kate through the decades. http://t.co/xs7D1GnU I still can't decide who she looks like. Maybe Michael, but definitely not Carole… hmm #
- Smells like communism? RT @BBCBreaking Ed Miliband calls for UK economy "Where rewards are more fairly shared" http://t.co/gRz55M5c #
- Happy birthday, Kate! It's going to be one hell of an interesting decade! *glasses clink* #
- The most disturbing image for royalty in 2011: Diana at 50, with Kate – http://t.co/r1xj6gC4 Tina Brown+Newsweek = whackadoodle. #nutter #
- "My Royals" blog: Danish twins birthday http://t.co/YRMvmCRg and Dutch Royals in UAE: http://t.co/Ov6LwXoq #
- Sandringham body ID: Missing Latvian girl: http://t.co/tJDfLAfa #royalnews #
- Maxima is stunning here. Definitely needs to repeat this look: http://t.co/QZPxKiEk via @kemalnagdy #
- Jordan's Princess Haya has a baby boy: http://t.co/88GImCZg #
- Love Cecil: http://t.co/yfzDkzSq #royal #photography #
Powered by Twitter Tools
Everyone knows Kate Middleton, now the Duchess of Cambridge. The gorgeous Queen Rania of Jordan ranks high in the royal elite, and Queen Elizabeth II is a legend. Which modern-day royals rank in your top 10? Let’s hear the nominations as we research the hard-working and history-worthy royals across the world.
Charlene Wittstock arrived a commoner, but emerged a Princess. Here we see the new bride and her husband, Prince Albert II of Monaco, after their civil ceremony.
The religious ceremony took place at the Palace in Monaco, July 2, 2011.
Some of the guests included:
Sweden’s Crown Princess Victoria and her husband, Prince Daniel
Prince Faisal, the brother of Jordan’s King Abdullah
Sweden’s Prince Carl-Philip and sister Princess Madeleine
TRH The Earl and Countess of Wessex
Their Majesties King Albert II of Belgium and Queen Paola
TRH Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
Fashionista and Grimaldi family friend Karl Lagerfeld
Emanuele Filiberto, Prince of Venice and Piedmont and his wife, Clotilde
TRH Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Crown Princess Maxima represent the House of Orange
TRH Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark
Albert’s sister, Princess Stéphanie, on the arm of her son Louis. Behind them are her daughters Camille (l) and Pauline