HRH The Prince of Wales has long been a fan of Middle Eastern culture, and he has been on friendly terms with rulers in the region for decades.
Charles and Camilla Visit The Middle East – For this royal tour, Charles and his wife Camilla stopped to visit King Abdullah and Queen Rania in Jordan for three days; Qatar and Saudi Arabia, and Oman. The purpose of the tour in the region is to promote business and economics, the role of women in society, and inter-faith dialogue.
In Jordan, the Prince and the Duchess of Cornwall sat down to a formal dinner with King Abdullah and Queen Rania.
During the visit, the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall parted ways briefly, as Charles visited the King Hussein Mosque and Camilla took part in a storytelling session for deaf children at a local children’s museum.
Prince Charles stopped in to Rubicon’s head office in Amman. It was here at the award-winning animation studio headquarters where he met Postman Pat, as well as designers and artists.
The royals also met with Syrian refugees in the King Abdullah Refugee Camp on Jordan’s Syrian border. The Prince was especially devastated by the plight of the refugee children, but applauded Jordan’s helping hand.
“I think the great thing that’s come out of this is just how unbelievably generous the Jordanian people are, who are truly remarkable I think,” said Charles.
Part 2 tomorrow!
- Saudi’s first women MPs get Camilla’s royal seal of approval (telegraph.co.uk)
- Royal Trip Report: All Kinds of People, All Over the Place (orderofsplendor.blogspot.com)
- Prince Charles and Camilla visit Syrian refugee camp (telegraph.co.uk)
- Duchess of Cornwall curtsies to Queen Rania of Jordan as she arrives for official visit with Prince Charles (dailymail.co.uk)
Latest posts by Mandy Littlefield (see all)
- Queen Elizabeth II celebrates another mileSTONE, and it’s sapphire - February 5, 2017
- Who is the new Earl of Snowdon? A look at David Armstrong-Jones - February 2, 2017
- From Prince to King: Charles Is Next, Despite Media Claims - January 2, 2017
- Kate In India – Progress - November 23, 2016